About the Chicago Booth Energy Group
Broad Industry Exposure
The Chicago Booth Energy Group is a full-time student organization that prepares members for careers in energy and energy-related industries. The group strives to cover various functions across several sectors; our current membership pursues interests in a wide variety of areas including...
- Renewable generation: wind, solar, geothermal, and biomass
- Clean tech and smart grid systems
- Oil & gas exploration, refinery capacity, and distribution infrastructure
- Nuclear and CCGT large-scale plants
- Alternative transporation technologies
- Energy corporate finance, private equity & venture capital
- Commodity and derivative trading - we now have a subscription to Platts Energy Trader
- Energy Forward Conference
- Quarterly Energy Group social events
- Energy 101 Series
- Lunch and Learns
- Houston Energy Trek: "Banking" and "Consulting & Corporate"
- West Coast Energy Trek
- Case Competitions
The Chicago Booth Energy Group is generously supported by the Chevron Corporation, the Exelon Corporation, FMC, Marathon Capital, and BP. We are grateful for their ongoing support; you can read more about each firm on our sponsorship page.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Energy Group or one of our events please contact us through cochairs (at) boothenergy.org
Become a Member
Membership for 2014-2015 is now live!
Two membership levels are available: one year for $40 (through Spring 2015) or two years for $60 (through Spring 2016).
You can join the Energy Group through our Booth Groups page. If you would prefer, you can deposit a check in the Energy Group mail folder instead. If paying by check, please make the check out to the University of Chicago with Energy Group and your Booth ID—the first part of your email address—on the memo line.
The Platts Energy Trader content can be found at our Booth Groups Page.