Below are some favorites from recent students. For an updated list, please see the EPIC course list.
- Booth School of Business
- Energy: Markets and Innovation, with Professor Travis Bradford
- Financial Instruments, with Professor John Heaton, is a good introduction to derivative securities widely employed in the world of energy
- Clean Tech Lab, with Professor Jason Blomberg
Energy Policy Lab: Alternative Transportation Fuels. See more at: http://harris.uchicago.edu/course/spring-2014/51700/energy-policy-lab-alternative-transportation-fuels
- Managerial Accounting, with Professor Joseph Gerakos, has an oil and gas refining case
- International Corporate Finance, with Professor Raghuram Rajan, has several energy cases
- Cases in Corporate Control and Governance, with Professor Nathaniel Gregory, covers the attempted takeovers of Gulf Energy by T. Boone Pickens
- Cases In Financial Management, with Professor Kevin Rock and Professor Nathaniel Gregory, covers the Special Purpose Vehicles that Enron utilized
- Business, Politics, and Ethics, with Professor Brian Barry, discusses the interesting case of Macando blowout
- The Firm and the Non-Market Environment, with Professor Marianne Bertrand, has several utilities and chemicals cases
- The Law School
- Harris School of Public Policy: Policy Approaches to Climate Change
Professor James Sallee
- The College:
EPIC, the Energy Policy Institute at Chicago
- EPIC Website
Information about energy events around campus.
University Energy Links
- University of Chicago Energy Initiative
An interdisciplinary research program devoted to the study of the economic, environmental and geopolitical impacts of energy use.
- Energy Economics Publications from the University of Chicago Library
Energy economics news and analysis from Science Direct.
- Argonne National Laboratory
Department of Energy National Lab affiliated with the University of Chicago.